Get Fresh, Buy Local
If tiny in geography, Rhode Island is a beautiful and bountiful state. There are literally hundreds of venues for getting fresh and locally grown foods. Farmers' markets, Community-Supported Agriculture operations, farm stands, local grocers, and even delivery services are among the many ways you can get from farm to table in a couple of hours.
The benefits of eating Rhody Grown are many. Supporting local farmers ensures our future food security. Minimizing transportation of food preserves fossil fuels, drastically reduces pollution, and can eliminate much of the final cost to the consumer. Buying direct enables you to see just exactly where your food comes from, for health and peace of mind. And of course the ability to get the freshest of the fresh produce is no small factor.
Here at the Division of Agriculture we are always working to help get more home-grown food on the table. Try one or more of these local food-finding tools to help your farmer, your health, the environment and your taste buds!
- Farm Fresh RI -- Find local farms, farmers' markets & CSAs
- RI Farmers' Markets List -- Our own list of farmers' markets, in easy-to-print PDF format
- RI Fruit Growers' Association -- Find fruit stands and Pick-Your-Own (PYO) orchards
- RI Honey & Maple Syrup Producers -- Find RI honey and maple syrup
- RI Vineyards -- Find the finest grapes Rhody has to offer
- Rhody Fresh Milk -- Find milk and cheese (because nothing is fresher than local!)
- RI Dairy Farmers -- Find other Rhode Island dairies
- Rhode Island Raised Livestock Association -- Find where to buy locally raised meats
- Eat Wild -- Find grassfed meat, eggs and dairy
- Pumpkin Patches & More -- Find Halloween and Fall fun in Rhode Island
- Rhody-Grown turkeys -- Find Rhode Island turkey farms
- RI Christmas Tree Growers' Association -- Find Rhody-Grown trees for the holidays!
- Rhody Trees -- Find more Rhody-Grown trees for the holidays