OPCP: How To Participate
2. Save the registration form to your hard drive. To avoid a computer-induced headache, please save the blank application to your hard drive first, then fill out, print and send. If you don't do it in that order, we will only get a blank application from you! Thank you! Adobe Reader is required for fillable PDFs; if you need it, you can get it here.
3. Complete the registration form. On the registration form, identify the common name of the pesticide active ingredients shown on each product's label. Common names are often listed on the front of the label followed by the chemical name. If the active ingredient is not listed, or is unreadable, please describe the product using the brand name, EPA registration number, or any other identifying information you can find on the label. Unidentified products without labels or markings should also be described in as much detail as possible.
4. Send the registration form. You may either print and mail the form to Howard Cook, 235 Promenade Street, Rm. 370, Providence RI 02908-5767; or scan the printed form, attach it to an e-mail, and send it to Howard.Cook@dem.ri.gov. If necessary, you may contact DAG at (401) 222-2781, EXT. 4504, or the e-mail address above to have a blank copy of the form mailed to you.
5. Store obsolete pesticides properly until the next annual collection drive. DAG will contact you several weeks prior to that drive to inform you of your local collection date and location. Once onsite, the materials will be collected by Triumvirate Environmental, who will then sort, pack and transport the materials for disposal.
6. Please read our Guide To Packaging and Transport before moving or handling pesticides.