News and Press

All News

More Tweets

Freshwater Wetlands
Septic (ISDS/OWTS) Systems Permits
Septic (ISDS/OWTS) Licenses
All Other Water Permits
Underground Storage Tanks
Aboveground Storage Tank Registration
Stormwater Permitting Info
Air Pollution Control Preconstruction Permits
Air Pollution Control Operating Permits
Permitted Waste Transporters
Online Services
Boat Registration Renewal
Recreational Freshwater Fishing Licenses
Recreational Saltwater Fishing Licenses
Marine Fisheries License Renewals
Septic (OWTS) Permit Search After 1990
Septic (OWTS) Permit Search Before 1990
Wetlands Permit Search
Multi-Sector General Permit Search
Non-Contact Cooling Water Permit Search
Remediation General Permit Search
UST Registration Renewal
Hazardous Waste Transporter Permit Renewals
Medical Waste Generator Registration
Agriculture Product Permit Renewals
Other Resources
Request a File Review
Permit Application Center
Application Forms
Rules and Regulations

RI Clean Diesel Fund
Frequently Asked Questions

Which classification is used to determine if a truck is class 8?

The Clean Diesel Fund uses the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) to determine what class a vehicle fits into. This means that any vehicle that weighs 33,001 pounds or more is classified as a class 8 vehicle.

For the vehicle replacement option do you have to replace a class 8 vehicle with a class 8 vehicle?

Yes. The vehicle being replaced must have a gross vehicle weight rating of 33,001 pounds or greater.

Do I need to replace everything or just the engine when doing a vehicle replacement?

Both the engine and the chassis must be scrapped or otherwise rendered permanently disabled when doing a vehicle replacement. Equipment and vehicle components that are not part of the engine or chassis may be salvaged from the vehicle being replaced (e.g plow blades, shovels, seats, tires, etc).

Can I apply for multiple measures on one vehicle?

Yes you can. Only one Form 3 would be need for the truck and only the boxes that applied to the specific measures would need to be filled out.

Do the vehicles for which the applicant are applying under clean alternative fuel conversions need to be Class 8 vehicles?

No they do not. The vehicle just needs to be a class 3 (10,001 pounds) or higher. Although one of the category options is new vehicle this is not a vehicle replacement. You would be applying for a fuel conversion of a new vehicle that you already own or in the process of buying.

What should I do with my scrapped/permanently disabled engine or chassis?

We recommend taking the scrapped parts to a metal recycling center or a scrap yard.

Learn more about the RI Clean Diesel Fund