News and Press

All News

More Tweets

Air Pollution Control Preconstruction Permits
Air Pollution Control Operating Permits
Freshwater Wetlands
Septic (ISDS/OWTS) Records
Septic (ISDS/OWTS) Licensing
Stormwater Permitting Info
All Other Water Permits
Aboveground Storage Tank Registration
Underground Storage Tanks
Permitted Waste Transporters
Online Hunting/Fishing
Boat Registration Renewal
Rec Freshwater Fishing Licenses
Rec Saltwater Fishing Licenses
Marine Fisheries License Renewals
Shellfish Harvester Certification
Online Renewals
Agriculture Product Permit Renewals
Hazardous Waste Transporter Permit Renewals
Medical Waste Generator Registration
UST Registration Renewal
Marine Fisheries License Renewals
Online Permit Searches
Multi-Sector General Permits
Non-Contact Cooling Water Permits
Septic (OWTS) Records After 1990
Septic (OWTS) Records Before 1990
Wetlands Permits
Remediation General Permits
Other Resources
Application Forms
Permit Application Center
Request a File Review
Rules and Regulations

Emissions Inventory FAQs

Q: Are all sources required to submit annual emissions reports?

A: No, all Title V sources and selected others are required to submit annual emissions reports. The Office of Air Resources sends letters to any companies that are required to report annual emissions. However, the Office of Air Resources may require any source to report data on chemical and fuel usage so that an accurate estimate of air emissions can be made. All stationary sources should maintain records of chemical and fuel use should they be requested.

Q: Are the forms posted on the Office of Air Resources website required to be used, or can the required information be submitted using Microsoft Excel?

A: Microsoft Excel may be used in place of the forms (except for the General Information Sheet) as long as all the information that is required by the forms is provided.

Q: If the chemicals I use are not on the list do I need to report them?

If the chemical is not on the list and you use more than 100 pounds per year it should be reported.

Q: Are insignificant activities required to be included in the annual emissions report?

A: Yes, regardless of whether they are listed on Title V Listing of “Insignificant Activities,” they must be included in the emissions report.

Q: Are chemicals used for housekeeping or building maintenance required to be reported?

A: At a manufacturing facility only chemicals related to the manufacturing process should be reported. Bathroom cleaners and paints used for painting walls at the facility should not be included

Q: Is the welding form required for all sources that have welding onsite?

Yes welding should be included if it is performed at your facility.

Additional Resources