RIDEM graphical banner, showing land and water scene
Navigation button, HomeNavigation button, ProgramsNavigation button, TopicsNavigation button, MapsNavigation button, PublicationsNavigation button, NewsNavigation button, EventsNavigation button, SearchNavigation button, HelpNavigation button, Contact
Storm Water Program > Frequently Asked Questions > Permit Coverage Options:
Link to Storm Water Home PageLink to Applications PageLink to Best Management Practices PageLink to Guidance PageLink to Presentations PageLink to Frequently Asked Questions PageLink to What's New PageLink to Storm Water Calendar PageLink to Storm Water Links PageLink to Contact Us Page



RIPDES Stormwater Program icon
Frequently Asked Questions

What are the permit coverage options for regulated small MS4s?

Permit coverage options for regulated small MS4s are as follows:

  1. General Permit - The General Permit will prescribe one set of requirements for the group of permittees. A NOI serves as the application for the General Permit.

  2. Individual Permit - The Individual Permit provides the regulated entity with the opportunity of seeking coverage with a Storm Water Management Plan tailored to their needs.

  3. Co-permittee - A Co-permittee may work with another operator of a regulated MS4.

Under either a General or Individual Permit, the permittee has the option of relying on other entities that are either performing one or more of the minimum measures to implement the measure on the permittee's behalf.


browse graphic
Who is Regulated under the Phase II Final Rule?

What are the Minimum Requirements for Regulated Small MS4 Operators?

What are the Regulatory Deadlines?

How can I obtain Information on Funding or Training Opportunities?


For General Information 222-6800 • After Hours Emergencies 222-3070 • Disclaimer