Frequently Asked Questions
What are the regulatory
The EPA final rule was published December 8, 1999. The final rule requires
the DEM (as the permitting authority) to perform the following:
- December 8, 2000 - Promulgate Phase II Regulations.
- December 8, 2002 - Develop and apply criteria for small MS4s
outside of urbanized areas (incorporated in draft RIPDES regulations).
- March 10, 2002 - Small MS4s may apply for waivers (if qualify).
- December 8, 2002 - Issue General Permit(s), for small MS4s
and construction activity 1-5 acres.
- December 8, 2002 - RIPDES may grant waivers (if qualify).
- December 8, 2002 - RIPDES to develop a menu of Best Management
- March 10, 2003 - Operators of small MS4s must submit notice
of intent application (NOI).
Who is Regulated under the Phase II Final Rule?
What are the Minimum Requirements for Regulated Small
What are the Permit Coverage Options for Regulated
How can I obtain Information on Funding or Training