Wildlife Conservation Strategy
Proposed process to be completed September 2005
- Project Scoping with RI DEM staff to determine scope and guidelines for plan development, objectives, and process.
- Research and review State and other Conservation Planning efforts and summarize the best examples & relevant legislation/regulations.
- Inventory status of existing data base programs with information on species and habitat data, tools available for assessment/(GAP, GIS), threats to the resources.
- Identify stakeholders, collaborators and partners and solicit input.
- Develop criteria and process to identify conservation priorities.
- ID DEM priorities & Solicit expert /stakeholder input.
- Develop priorities for species/habitat/ community for conservation efforts.
- Conduct/facilitate meetings for staff, stakeholders, public input.
- Write plan that provides for adaptation, review and evaluation per federal requirements.