MARINE FISHERIES SECTION
3 Ft. Wetherill Rd., Jamestown, RI 02835 (401) 423-1923
Staff Telephone Contact List - Click Here
In 2001, the Marine Fisheries Section of the RI Division of Fish and Wildlife relocated to Ft. Wetherill in Jamestown, Rhode Island. The staff offices, laboratory, and boat-repair facility are housed in refurbished historic military buildings. The new facility, located at the southernmost tip of Jamestown, offers marine access to the bay and surrounding waters, a spectacular view, and provides public access to Narragansett Bay. The mission of the Marine Fisheries staff is to research and monitor marine species to support the effective management of finfish and shellfish of commercial and recreational importance.
2013 COMMERCIAL AND RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENSE SYSTEM
• "Commercial and Recreational Fishing Licensing Regulations"
2013 Companion Management Plans
• "Management Plan for the Finfish Fishery Sector"
• "Management Plan for the Shellfish Fishery Sector"
• "Management Plan for the Crustacean Fishery Sector"
Online License Renewals
Sign Up for Online Harvester Catch and Effort Reporting
| PRELIMINARY LANDINGS DATA
• Current survey information for Industry Based Surveys (IBS)
| SALTWATER RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENSE
• "Commonly Caught Fish and Shellfish" - a multi-language brochure
• "Fishery Market News" (wholesale prices, etc.)
• URI Coastal Institute - Fishery Management in RI
• Food/Fish Advisory - Dept. of Health
• National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
• Atlantic Coastal Coop Statistics Program (ACCSP)
• US Coast Guard
If you wish to receive future RI marine fisheries meeting announcements and/or other information by E-mail, please select one of the options below:
Clicking one of the buttons above opens an email message. Send the email message to sign up for the Listserve service. Listserve messages will be sent to the email address from which your message was sent. Signing up for the Listserve service is voluntary.
| RI MARINE FISHERIES LISTSERVE SIGN UP