Environmental Results Program
The Environmental Results Program or ERP is an innovative program in which State regulatory agencies:
- Educate regulated facilities about their environmental impact and obligations,
- Require the facilities to self-evaluate and certify compliance,
- Measure environmental performance changes, and
- More effectively manage limited resources.
How Does ERP work?
The State agency provides compliance assistance - it puts together training workshops and plain language workbooks that clearly explain all of a facility's environmental obligations as well as proposed pollution prevention and health and safety practices.
An owner/operator annually certifies to the State agency that the facility is in compliance and will continue to be in compliance.
If the facility is not in compliance, it must file a Return to Compliance Plan with a schedule for returning to compliance.
The State agency conducts "before and after" inspections to judge the accuracy of certification and the degree of performance improvements for individual facilities and for sectors as a whole.
The State agency can also use the data to strategically target inspections and compliance assistance efforts, to track results to show success to the public, industry and legislators and, as appropriate, take enforcement action.
- UST Environmental Results Program
- Construction Site Stormwater Compliance Assistance Program
- Auto Salvage Yard Certification Program