Narragansett Bay and Water Restoration Fund (BWRF) and federal Nonpoint Source (NPS) Funds Grant Awards
The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM) announced the availability of grants to assist in the implementation of projects that abate water pollution, restore water quality and mitigate flooding in Rhode Island. A Joint Request for Proposals (RFP) involving the Narragansett Bay and Water Restoration Fund (BWRF) and federal Nonpoint Source (NPS) Funds was released seeking proposals for projects to:
- improve stormwater management;
- reduce nonpoint sources (NPS) of pollution; and
- prevent or mitigate the impacts of flooding in Rhode Island.
Grants were awarded on a competitive basis using proceeds from state environmental bond referendums approved by voters in 2014 and 2016 (Green Economy Bond) as well as with federal Section 319 funds provided to RIDEM from EPA pursuant to the Clean Water Act.
- 2017 Bay & Watershed Restoration Fund Grant Awards
- Grant Workshop Presentation
- Narragansett Bay and Watershed Restoration Bond Fund Regulations (4/27/17)