Pre-1990 OWTS/ISDS Microfilm Index Page
Welcome to RIDEM's Sewage Disposal Microfilm Index.
The Onsite Wastewater Treatment System (OWTS) Program [formerly known as the Individual Sewage Disposal System (ISDS) Section] regulates the location, design, construction and maintenance of onsite wastewater treatment systems used for the treatment and dispersal of wastewater.
This page searches for an Application Number for ISDS records stored on microfiche (cards), which include all files conformed between April 9, 1968 and 1990. [Conformed files have received a certificate of conformance, which means that the ISDS installed appears to substantially conform to the design and other requirements as indicated on the application, associated plans and specifications; and is approved for use.]
To find an Application Number, click on the appropriate Town Name below, and then search by Street Name. [Do not include Avenue, Road, Street.] You may also wish to search by Plat or Lot or applicant's Name.
You must come into the Office to view or print from the Microfiche & Microfilm Records.
RHODE ISLAND MUNICIPALITIES
- Check with the Town's Tax Assessor to learn the property's original owner, plat & lot, and the year the property was developed.
- The first two digits of the Application Number are the year the permit was submitted.
- Records may be indexed by Pole number, Route number, or off of a main road.
- Duplicate records are stored on Microfilm (reels). The Microfilm Number can also be found by searching above.
- OWTS/ISDS records submitted after 1990 (approximately) can be searched on the RIDEM website at: OWTS Permit Search (after 1990).