RIPDES Electronic Reporting
EPA has published the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Electronic Reporting Rule, which will modernize Clean Water Act (CWA) reporting for municipalities, industries and other facilities. EPA signed the rule on September 24, 2015 and it was published in the Federal Register on October 22, 2015. The rule replaces most paper-based NPDES reporting requirements with electronic reporting.
Specifically, the rule requires regulated entities to report information electronically, instead of filing written paper reports. These reports include:
- Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs)
- Notices of Intent to discharge in compliance with a general permit
- Other specified program reports
Data reported electronically will be made available to the public via the Enforcement and Compliance History Online (ECHO) system. ECHO enables public searches for facilities in local communities to assess their compliance with environmental regulations. It can also help investigate pollution sources, examine and create enforcement-related maps, or explore states' performance.
Submit My DMRs
All electronic submissions require a CDX account. DMRs are submitted through the NetDMR-RI program service, while NOIs, NOEs, NDCs and NOTs will be submitted through the NeT program service
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI), No Exposure Certificate (NOE), No Discharge Certificate (NDC) or Notice of Termination (NOT)
Do you need a permit? Review our RIPDES page or contact us at 401-222-4700 for more information.
All electronic submissions require a CDX account. DMRs are submitted through the NetDMR-RI program service, while NOIs, NOEs, NDCs and NOTs will be submitted through the NeT program service.
- RIDEM Training Guide: How to Create a CDX Account and Request Access to NetDMR
- RIDEM Training Video: How to Create a CDX Account and Request Access to NetDMR (coming soon!)
- NetDMR Support Portal
- NeT Support Portal
- EPA recorded trainings (click on Webinar Recordings)
- EPA NPDES E-Reporting Compliance Page
- Certified Laboratories in Rhode Island