Landfill Closure Program Topics
Laurie Grandchamp, Supervisor
235 Promenade Street
Providence, RI 02908-5767
(401) 222-2797 ext. 7143
The Landfill Closure Program is administered by the RIDEM/Office of Waste Management to address inactive or abandoned solid waste landfills1 that ceased operation (stopped accepting waste) prior to April 1992, and which have not received a final Certificate of Closure from the Department of Environmental Management (Department or DEM) or the Department of Health (DOH).
The goal of the program is to achieve closure of these sites in a combined process that takes into account both the Rules and Regulations for the Investigation and Remediation of Hazardous Material Releases (Remediation Regulations) and the Solid Waste Regulations.
- Closure Policy for Inactive and Abandoned Solid Waste Landfills
- Solid Waste Regulation No.1- General Requirements
- Solid Waste Regulation No.2- Solid Waste Landfills
- List of Landfill Closure Sites
- TLA Pond View Closure
- Former Portsmouth Town Dump Closure Bulletin Board
- Second Quarter 2016 Portsmouth Town Dump Quarterly Report