RI Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (RIPDES)
This is the backbone of the state's water pollution control strategy, which includes developing & enforcing permit limitations for municipal and industrial wastewaters, storm water, & combined sewer overflows discharged directly to the waters of the state, as well as industrial wastewaters discharged to municipally-owned treatment facilities. The program currently oversees permit compliance for 23 major discharges, approximately 70 minor discharges, & approximately 250 storm water discharges. The Pretreatment Program provides ongoing oversight of fifteen approved local pretreatment programs.
In accordance with the EPA Federal and RI Pretreatment Regulations, the 15 RIDEM-approved Industrial Pretreatment Programs regulate almost 200 Significant Industrial Users (SIUs) and thousands of Non-Significant Industrial Users. Over half of the state’s SIUs are subject to EPA Federal Categorical Pretreatment Standards.For more information on RIDEM’s Industrial Pretreatment Program, please contact Robert DiSaia at 401-222-4700, x-7228.
- RIPDES Storm Water Program
- RIPDES Pesticide General Permit Public Notice and Draft Permit
- Scarborough and South Kingstown WTFs and Fox Island Draft Permits
- TF Green Airport Final Permit, Fact Sheet and Comments Response
- RI DEM and RIAC Reach Agreement
- DEM / RIAC Agreement and Preliminary Draft Permit
- RIPDES Regulations
- DMR Instructions
- RIPDES Individual Permit General Requirements
- RIPDES Application Forms
- Fee Form for New Dischargers
- Fee Regulations
- Electronic Document Submission Rules (Eff. 1/10.12)
- Non-Contact Cooling Water
- Remediation General Permit
- RIPDES Pesticide General Permit and Fact Sheet, 5/22/12
- Log in to NetDMR Production Website
Log in to your NetDMR account or create a new NetDMR account
- NetDMR Support Portal
News, announcements, and training information for NetDMR users
- EPA NPDES Electronic Reporting Website
EPA site with information pertaining to the benefits of electronic reporting, electronic reporting tools, electronic reporting schedule, final rule documents, and webinars.
- EPA - National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permitting Program
- NPDES permit application forms
Subscribe to the RIPDES Program permit actions Public Notice E-mail List:The Office of Water Resources (OWR) has created an e-mail list in which one can be added to receive notice of RIPDES permit actions via email. After subscribing you will receive an email with links to all future public notices of draft permit actions and the draft permit(s). You can subscribe by visiting the user-friendly webpage at http://listserve.ri.gov/mailman/listinfo/ripdesnotice. If you have difficulty subscribing or have other questions, email email@example.com.
For more information regarding the E-Mail list only, contact Traci Pena. For additional information regarding specific permit actions, please direct all inquiries to the contact listed on the public notice.