RI Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (RIPDES)
This is the backbone of the state's water pollution control strategy, which includes developing and enforcing permit limitations for municipal and industrial wastewaters, storm water, and combined sewer overflows discharged directly to the waters of the state, as well as industrial wastewaters discharged to municipally-owned treatment facilities. The program currently oversees permit compliance for 23 major discharges, approximately 70 minor discharges, and approximately 250 storm water discharges. The Pretreatment Program provides ongoing oversight of fifteen approved local pretreatment programs.
In accordance with the EPA Federal and RI Pretreatment Regulations, the 15 RIDEM-approved Industrial Pretreatment Programs regulate almost 200 Significant Industrial Users (SIUs) and thousands of Non-Significant Industrial Users. Over half of the state’s SIUs are subject to EPA Federal Categorical Pretreatment Standards.
For more information on DEM’s Industrial Pretreatment Program, please contact Robert DiSaia at 401-222-4700, x-7228.
- Public Notice re: Draft Permit for Woonsocket WWTF; Draft Permit Modifications for RI Resource Recovery Corp.
- RIPDES Storm Water Program
- Scarborough and South Kingstown WTFs and Fox Island Draft Permits
- TF Green Airport Final Permit, Fact Sheet and Comments Response
- RI DEM and RIAC Reach Agreement
- DEM / RIAC Agreement and Preliminary Draft Permit
- RIPDES Regulations
- DMR Instructions
- RIPDES Individual Permit General Requirements
- RIPDES Application Forms
- Fee Form for New Dischargers
- Fee Regulations
- Electronic Document Submission Rules (Eff. 1/10.12)
- Non-Contact Cooling Water
- Remediation General Permit
- RIPDES Pesticide General Permit and Fact Sheet, 5/31/17
- NetDMR Production Website: Log-in to your NetDMR account or create a new NetDMR account
- NetDMR Support Portal: News, announcements & training information for NetDMR users
- EPA NPDES Electronic Reporting: Find information pertaining to the benefits of electronic reporting, electronic reporting tools, electronic reporting schedule, final rule documents & webinars.
- EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permitting Program
- NPDES permit application forms
RIPDES Permit Actions Public Notice Email:
Subscribe to the Office of Water Resources (OWR) email list to receive notice of RIPDES permit actions via email. Once subscribed, you'll receive an email with links to all future public notices of draft permit actions and the draft permit(s).
Email email@example.com for help subscribing or technical questions.
To learn more about the email list only, contact Traci Pena. Please direct all inquiries regarding specific permit actions to the contact listed on the public notice.