Get Fresh, Buy Local
Be sure to stop at one of our farmers' markets this spring, beginning in May for delicious and freshly-harvested local foods direct from the farm to your dinner table. There's nothing better than Rhode Island-grown tomatoes, corn, summer squash, lettuce, and blueberries to round out a summertime meal of locally-harvested meat, seafood, or lobster. Shopping at a farmers' market is a nutritious and delightful way to celebrate the summer harvest!
DEM hosts the following farmers' markets May through late October:
If you would like to attend one of our farmer’s markets for the 2022 season, we would like to have you. The application process and some of our market rules have been updated so please review, fill out all appropriate fields, and return to us by April 15th 2022. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at the Division of Agriculture.
Please Mail or drop off application packages to 235 Promenade Street Providence, Rhode Island 02908 Or send a scanned copy to Jack.Sisson@dem.ri.gov.
If you are applying to attend the Goddard Park Farmers Market on Fridays and wish to participate in Farm Fresh Rhode Island's Fresh Bucks Program please fill out and attach with your application package the Fresh Bucks Contract.
Find RI Farmers' Markets
- Produce Safety Enrollment Form
- URI Food Safety Education for Farmers Market Vendors and Managers
- RI Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Program - URI Extension
- RI Department of Health Licensing
- 2021 RI Farmers' Markets Inventory
- 2021 Farmers' Market report (Fishermen's Memorial & Goddard Park)
- 2020 Farmers' Market report (Fishermen's Memorial & Goddard Park)
- 2019 Farmers' Market report (Fishermen's Memorial & Goddard Park)
- Decision Making Tool: What License do I Need at a RI Farmers’ Market? (URI)
- Time/Temperature Control for Safe Food (URI)
- Farm Fresh RI - Find local farms, farmers' markets & CSAs