Pesticide Safety & IPM Training
One of the major functions of the Division of Agriculture's Pesticides unit is to certify and license commercial pesticide applicators for all pesticides, and certify private applicators for restricted-use or state limited-use pesticides. For more information on who needs certification, please see our FAQs page.
The University of Rhode Island has announced their latest Pesticide Safety and IPM Training schedule. All training classes will be held at URI's East Farm location, 2095 Kingstown Road, Building 75, Wakefield, RI. Prior to being licensed/certified, applicants are required to attend core training, which consists of two days with an exam at the conclusion of the second day. Pre-registration by mail is required.
Approved Online Courses
Below is a listing of online courses approved for pesticide credits.
- Pested: A wide range of topics
- PestWeb: Mostly pest control topics
- National Pest Management Association: Pest control topics
- The Davey Institute: Mostly shade trees and ornamentals topics
- The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors: For home inspectors
- Cornell University: A wide range of topics for both Private and Commercial applicators
- Continuing Education University: Covers a wide range of topics
- Purdue University IPM: Mostly pest control topics