We oversee the design and construction of all facilities and infrastructure within State Parks & Management Areas. Our projects include: beach pavillions, bikeways, boat ramps, commercial fishing facilities, fish ladders, & rehabilitation of state owned dams.
Request for Quote for Replacement of the Arcadia Management Area Bridges, Exeter, RI
DATE OF REQUEST FOR QUOTE: February 15th, 2018
Questions regarding this Request for Quote are due to the RIDEM, Division of Planning and Development no later than February 23, 2018
Vendor Submissions are due via email or hardcopy to the RIDEM, Division of Planning and Development no later than February 28, 2018.
The PROJECT is located in the state-owned Arcadia Management Area (North-Route 165) In Exeter, Rhode Island and Includes the design and construction of replacement structures for the following TWO (2) existing bridges and a culvert just south of Frosty Hollow Bridge described as follows:
- Frosty Hollow Road Bridge No. 078701: This bridge, built in 1960 and reconstructed in 1989, includes one span, approximately 22 feet long and 15.5 feet wide, timber stringers with wood plank decking and wooden railings; abutments and walls are primarily stone masonry with some concrete masonry.
- Midway Bridge No. 078801: This bridge, built in 1960, includes one span, approximately 32 feet long and 16 feet wide, steel stringers with wood plank decking and wooden railings; abutments and walls are primarily stone masonry with some concrete masonry. Not to be confused with the Midway Trail Bridge.
The intent of this project is for the safe and adequate design of two bridges in the Arcadia Management Area leading to the production of complete plans and specifications for construction and meeting all current codes and permitting requirements and shall have the least adverse environmental impact. The finished bridge should not have a significant effect on traffic behavior, and must meet all the requirements of the town to accommodate fire and rescue vehicles.
- Request for Quote Letter
- Existing Conditions: Frosty Hollow Road Bridge; Midway Bridge (CAD files)
- Wetlands Delineation Forms: Frosty Hollow Road Bridge Midway Bridge
- Geotechnical Data:
- Request for Preliminary Determination: Frosty Hollow Road Bridge Midway Bridge Letter of Transmittal