Hazardous Waste and Waste Oil Topics
Mark Dennen, Supervising Environmental Scientist
235 Promenade Street
Providence, RI 02908-5767
(401) 222-2797 ext. 7112
- Hazardous Waste Generator ID Applications and Instructions can be obtained here, or by calling 401-222-1360.
- Hazardous Waste Temporary ID may be obtained by calling the RIDEM/Office of Compliance and Inspection at 401-222-1360.
- Complaints regarding mismanagement or release of hazardous waste and other dangerous chemicals should be reported to the Office of Compliance and Inspection at (401) 222-1360.
- Hazardous Waste Generator Compliance Workbook
- Biennial Reporting: Using this same Central USEPA has completed its new, online application for submission of the 2017 Biennial Report. This application replaces both the Florida BRS software and the paper forms that have been used in the past. The report is due on March 1, 2018. Please contact Mark Dennen for more information.
- View instruction on the biennial report
- The website for entering biennial report data can be found at: https://cdx.epa.gov/
- View the presentation about biennial reporting in RI
- Contaminated Rags Clarification Letter
- Transportation of Silver Fixer
- Pharmaceutical Waste Generated in Healthcare Settings
- Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention
Manuals are available regarding hazardous waste compliance (as well as other issues) for the following topics: autobody shops, used oil recycling, auto salvage, and lead paint from RIDEM/Office of Customer and Technical Assistance.
- Hazardous Waste Transporter Application
- Hazardous Waste Transporter Business Disclosure Statement
- Hazardous Waste Transporter List
- Hazardous Waste Transporter Generator Fee Report and Payment Portal
- Online Hazardous Waste Transporter Permit Renewal
- Other Transporter Information
For more information about hazardous waste transportation, please call Alyson Silva at 401-222-2797, ext. 7134.
For information regarding hazardous waste storage or treatment facilities, Contact Yan Li at 401-222-2797 ext. 7529.
HAZARDOUS WASTE MANIFEST ISSUES
On September 5, 2005, EPA Regulations mandated the exclusive use of one uniform national hazardous waste manifest. For more information about hazardous waste manifests, please call Alyson Silva at 401-222-2797, ext. 7134. Click for more details.
- Temporary EPA ID Number Policy for Used Oil and Universal Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Pharmaceutical Disposal
- Mercury Thermometer Information
- Universal Waste Fact Sheet
- Hazardous Waste Fee Report
- Mercury Topics