Pollinator Working Group
The Working Group to Make Findings and Recommendations with Regard to Maintaining, Protecting and Enhancing Pollinator Habitat and Health in Rhode Island, or Pollinator Working Group, was enacted by Resolution of The General Assembly in January 2016. It has been charged with making findings and recommendations with regard to:
- Developments in the scientific and technical understanding of conditions and practices affecting pollinator population;
- Conditions and practices affecting the maintenance, protection, and enhancement of pollinator habitat and health in Rhode Island;
- Potential costs and benefits of changing such conditions and practices.
On February 15, 2017 the Pollinator Working Group submitted an initial report and recommendations based on its findings.
In 2017 the RI General Assembly passed a Resolution continuing the work of the Pollinator Working Group.
The PWG reports to the Director of RI DEM and the RI House of Representatives.
- Thursday, November 2, 2017 - Agenda
- September 7, 2017
- October 5, 2017
- November 2, 2017
- January 11, 2018
- February 1, 2018
All meetings are from 4-6 PM at the NRCS conference room at 60 Quaker Lane in Warwick. Meetings may be subject to change but sufficient notification will be made. Each meeting includes discussion of recommendations and opportunity for public comments.
- Ken Ayars, RI Dept. Environmental Management, Div. Agriculture (Chair)
- Shannon Brawley, RI Nursery & Landscape Association
- David Brunetti, Environmental Council of RI
- Sara Churgin, Eastern RI Conservation District
- David Gregg, RI Natural History Survey
- Keith Salisbury, RI Beekepers Association
- Meg Kerr, Audubon Society of RI
- Robert Mann, Lawn Dawg
- Rafael Nightengale, Kaiser Tree Preservation
- Ken Payne, RI Ag Partnership
- Lyn Spinella, RI Farm Bureau
- Lisa Tewksbury, URI Plant Sciences, Bio-Control Lab
- Joel Tirrell, RI Nursery & Landscape Association