News and Press

All News

More Tweets

Freshwater Wetlands
ISDS/OWTS (Septic) Systems Permits
ISDS/OWTS (Septic) Licenses
All Other Water Permits
Underground Storage Tanks
Aboveground Storage Tank Registration
Stormwater Permitting Info
Air Pollution Control Preconstruction Permits
Air Pollution Control Operating Permits
Permitted Waste Transporters
Online Services
Boat Registration Renewal
OWTS Permit Search (After 1990)
OWTS Permit Search (Before 1990)
Wetlands Permit Search
Recreational Freshwater Fishing Licenses
Recreational Saltwater Fishing Licenses
Marine Fisheries License Renewals
UST Registration Renewal
Agriculture Product Permit Renewals
HW Transporter Permit Renewals
Medical Waste Generator Registration
Other Resources
Permit Application Center
Application Forms

Animal Health Complaints

The Department of Environmental Management's Animal Health Unit fields questions, concerns and complaints regarding the health and welfare of domestic animals, inclusive of exotics. We take complaints very seriously; before making a complaint you should be aware that the associated records are public information, including the name of the complainant.

Pet Store Complaints

Who hasn't been charmed by a pet store puppy? Many puppies are purchased each year from pet stores in Rhode Island and most transactions are entirely satisfactory. However, there are times when you may have a question, or a concern, or a complaint.

The Department of Environmental Management's Animal Health Unit licenses pet stores in Rhode Island. In general, questions and concerns about the condition of animals at pet stores or the condition of the stores themselves would most appropriately be directed to DEM. If you have such concerns, please contact the Animal Health Unit at (401) 222-2781.

However, questions about sales contracts and business practices would be directed to the consumer protection unit at the state Attorney General's office, at (401) 274-4400.